Set up information for carb / throttle cable.

Ok
Ive ordered some new gaskets as i knew i would have the carb on / off a few times.
Once here & fitted i will advise.

Should the above not work then its just a matter of maybe putting something behind the quadrant to keep it from having butterfly fully open.

Sponsored Links
Should the above not work then its just a matter of maybe putting something behind the quadrant to keep it from having butterfly fully open.

The governors' purpose to close the throttle when engine speed is exceeded, to limit it. Your tortoise/hare levers purpose, at the hare position, is to open the throttle, to increase rpm - but limited by the governor.

I understand that but as mentioned the throttle lever does nothing in respect of revs hence why doing this to run at a set rev speed

I understand that but as mentioned the throttle lever does nothing in respect of revs hence why doing this to run at a set rev speed

You cannot fix the governor, so it runs at a set speed, because the idea of the governor, is to allow the throttle to open more, when the engine comes under higher load.

Sponsored Links
There would be some good improvement here.
I have moved the governor arm as mentioned above.
I have fitted 2 new gaskets either side of the carb.
Started it up and moving that lever under the carb that the throttle fits on I then did the screw up when it sounded ok.

Now when I move the throttle lever I can hear the revs goes up & down when moves from tortoise to hare.

One thing I’ve noticed it hasn’t spluttered or tries to stall when moving lever past the hare to choke.
I assume that’s down to the adjustment in this cable ?

Will this be an issue for me.
I only cut grass March - April to October.
Can’t recall using the choke before but today I’ve obviously been playing with cables / levers etc.

Improvement video

Last edited:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back