Set up information for carb / throttle cable.

So you mean this one.

Attachments

• EaseUS_2023_08_ 2_08_38_50.jpg
    EaseUS_2023_08_ 2_08_38_50.jpg
    68 KB · Views: 28
Sponsored Links
If that spring on the top of the quadrant was more relaxed, maybe it wouldn't be pulling the throttle butterfly onto full bore?
John :)

Sponsored Links
Whats confusing here John is OP said the throttle worked as it should on the donor mower before he swapped engine
Maybe the original engine had a variable speed throttle, whilst the new one is a fixed speed type?
we don't know the history of the replacement engine, of course.

Maybe the original engine had a variable speed throttle, whilst the new one is a fixed speed type?
we don't know the history of the replacement engine, of course.
This thread is getting very long its hard to keep going back to reference but I think op said hed tried with carb off donor as well

Ok
So i started it up & revs are high.
I am able to move govner arm back & forth to higher / lowers revs no problem.

Then i started it up with that spring removed but revs still high,but still able to move govner arm to alter revs

I'm wondering if someone has moved the governor arm in relation to the governor itself, inside the engine.......it's just held by a pinch bolt?

On the outside of the engine i see the rod that come out of the engine which the govnor arm fits on.
There is a pinch bolt & something like an e clip behind.

Is it just a matter of undoing this pinch bolt & moving the govnor arm left slightly.

Then start it up & see what the revs are like ?

This engine came from a mover that i had seen / tried before buying run fine through the rev range.
His throttle lever etc is the same.

Im happy to just get the revs down & use it

I tend to leave the governor settings well alone.....often ends in tears!
The E clip prevents the governor arm from disappearing into the bowels of the engine, leave that one be!
Anyhoo........there should be a small protruding shaft where the governor pinch bolt is. This allows you to hold the shaft with pliers whilst moving the governor arm a fraction - tightening the pinch bolt afterwards.
It could be a good move to note where the lever is fixed now before faffing with it - you can always put it back to where it was.
I think I'd give it a go - just a slight movement in either direction, not overdoing it.

A guide to governor adjusting that op asked over a year ago may help.

Yes this is what i was talking about.
I will mark the govnor arm by where that slot is in the shaft.

So is this correct.
Undo the nut & with a screwdriver in that slot to kind of hold it in place slightlty move the govnor arm left then do the nut up

Attachments

• 2023-08-02 09.19.02.png
    2023-08-02 09.19.02.png
    2.4 MB · Views: 35

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back