Petroleum jelly in hair

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have the cure-all for petroleum jelly in the hair. It comes in the form of an old, well-known product.

My daughter too brought home lice from sharing her softball helmet with one of her teammates. The shampoos etc. didn't do much. I told my wife to use petroleum jelly, (after repeated mayonnaise treatments), to smother the critters. Although the treatment was successful in killing the live lice, it left my daughter's hair extremely slick and greasy. After repeated Dawn dish soap treatments, Liquid tide treatments, corn starch treatments, the grease was still there.

My answer? The reliable hand cleaner, GOOP. It's non-toxic, biodegradable, easy to apply and can be bought at any Wal-Mart. One treatment followed by a shampooing removed ALL traces of the petroleum jelly. Simply put GOOP in the palm of you hand then work gently on to the hair. No need to let stand on hair...just rinse hair with the warmest possible water then shampoo as normal with any shampoo.

In regards to the hair-dresser's comments on how lice travel and operate...I believe this information to not be entirely correct. Check www.headlice.org for Q&A's. This site is dedicated to facts and is useful. Lice do not jump, let alone jump 25 feet. Also review the life cycle information of the louse. :LOL:

Sponsored Links
you are correct indeed. Lice do not jump. Fleas however Do. We've had both at once. very fun!

post locked to prevent hi-jacking

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsored Links
Back