Peugeot 107

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi All

I have a Peugeot 107, 2008, 1.o Litre. The lower Wishbone Ball Joint Gaitor has split and started leaking grease!

Are they easy to replace? I have looked at some replacements joints which suggest they are held in by a large Circle but on inspection I could not see the Circlip!

Are they Press fit and can this job be done as a DIY Job?

Sponsored Links
You may need to fit a complete new bottom arm.....some of the ball joints are pushed in with a circlip, the smaller engine cars have a swaged in one. (I'm referring to the Citroen Saxo here, I guess they are the same).
John :)

Allow me to continue this one....
If the ball joints are removable, it doesn't mean that they just pop out.....several times I have had to remove the arm anyway to bash the old one out and press the new one in. They aren't splined, just a very tight fit.
Also, new arms come with new inner bushes as a rule so this prevents issues later on. I think the 107 has a doughnut bush at the aft end and a traditional round bush forward but don't quote me on that one!

Thanks John

Maybe better to fit whole new arm instead of just 1 lower ball joint. I am thinking it is 3 bolts and out with the old arm and in with the new?

Sponsored Links
Basically once the pinch bolt securing the bottom joint has been removed and the strut disconnected, the wishbone should be free to remove.
Somewhere in the memory cell I recall the anti roll bar being bolted directly to the wishbone but that was on a much earlier model than yours.....best to get the new wishbone in your possession before cracking on.
Personally I've found they don't put up much of a fight but I make sure I use only full hex sockets, due to rusting of the bolt heads and they would be really awkward if they rounded off.
Good luck with it if you get stuck in!

Thanks John, very good and useful advice as usual. Now just need to wait for better weather!

Back