Peugeot 206 replacing front wing?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have just bought a 2005 pug.

But the bodywork is all pretty good apart from the front O/S wing. That is quite rusty and has obviously been replaced carelessly at some point. So a few questions.

When new, how were the panels joined?

How best to remove a maker's panel?

When the replacement was fitted how will that have been fitted?

How best to remove the replacement fitted panel?

How to fit a new after market one?

How to fit a used panel?

Thanks

Tony

Edit: slightly edited because I realised that I have a panel I can use on a car due to be scrapped!

Last edited:
Sponsored Links
The wings are bolted on, and therefore shouldn't be too much of a problem to shift them.....but you will need to remove the wheel and arch liner of the damaged one.
Expect the bolts to come out with little struggle, and the original wings will have some body caulking sealant over the seams. Non original panels will fit after some fettling but it could be better to find a replacement genuine wing in the correct colour if you can.
John :)

That's good news that they are bolted on.

I am going to try to remove my own green one and fit it to the reddish brown car.

Presumably I should spray paint it before fitting it?

What should I use to calk/fill the joint?

Tony

I use a silicone based sealant where the panel joins are, just to prevent water passage from one area into another......I've used stuff by both Wurth and Loctite and apply it to the seams before bolting them up.
It's best if the panel is painted first if using rattle cans but I haven't done that for ages. Usually I fit the panel and then head for the body shop.

Sponsored Links
So building type silicone sealant is better not used then?

I am unlikely to use the car for note than 2-3 years.

Tony

The only difference that I can see is that the proper sealant is maybe slightly thicker - it smells of vinegar just like the building stuff.
Personally so long as the silicone adheres well to the painted surfaces I'd go right ahead with what I had in stock, but I'd also spray the seams with under seal after the wing was in place.

Back