Peugeot 407 2.0 hdi (136) SV 2005

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have just purchased the above car, it has done 57k miles and seems to idle fine. My only concern is that it seems massively underpowered. I didn't notice it in the test drive as it was about town and I didn't get a chance to hoof it, but when I drove it home it quickly became apparent. It's almost as if the turbo isn't kicking in at all!

My question is, what are the symptoms of a failing or failed turbo? Does the engine run like a pig or is it just underpowered like mine?

Any help advice appreciated?

Thanks.

Sponsored Links
If the blades have burnt off the exhaust side of the rotor, then there will be no turbo output, and the performance will be that or less, of a normally aspirated engine.
Does the car have a waste gate? if this is stuck open then boost pressure will be lost here too.
If you could buy or borrow a boost gauge, and pipe it temporrilary to the air outlet from the turbo, you could then observe what output the turbo is actually giving.

Wotan

Hi Woton, really appreciated your quick reply, showing my ignorance here but where would I find the waste gate if there is one?

Sponsored Links
Back