Peugeot brake fault?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi wonder if anyone can help
My Peugeot 207 1.4 petrol (2010) has today started flashing intermitantley on display

Warning.... power steering fault
Warning ---- brake fault

STOP light comes on at this time as well..plus loud bleep

then second or 2 later goes back to normal

have checked brake fluid level and it is correct

can anyone help?

Sponsored Links
You'll know that PAS systems are largely electronic these days, including the pump.....well, they still need to have power steering fluid in them so do check that - any signs of leaks on the drive?
I can't see any connection between that and the brake performance though, but 207 dashboards are known to go haywire......!
Are there any other dash lamps on?
John :)

As far as i can see only has the brake fluid resovior. cannot find a seperate one for the power steering..

coolant / oil / washer / brake fluid are the only tanks/ caps I can find

Sponsored Links
What makes the light come on, are you after hitting the brakes or turning sharp? Do the brake lights still work properly?

You could try disconnecting the lever sensor on the brake fluid cap. Disconnect the battery (you will loose radio code) for a half hour and see how you go.

If you recently changed bulbs in the taillights, check that you have the correct ones fitted.

tyre pressures at the time were at the laden limit due to having bike rack fitted to tow bar

have had my mechanic put it on his snap on machine

fault, unable to talk to abs
unknown code 30501

no warnings displayed on dash up to now today

probably not belive this but fault caused by water in the main fuse box.. lid on corrctly but water seeping in somewhere some of the pins corroded green and water under one of the loom conectors cant wait to see the bill

Sponsored Links
Back