Peugeot brake pedal rubbers?

Reverse lights aren't tested at mot on car of that age.

2009 I think off hand before they are checked. But would need to check manual to be sure of date

Edited to add. Sept 2009 onwards before reverse lights need to be checked

Last edited:
Sponsored Links
Well I took it to a new MOT place recommended by a friend.

He did not comment at all on the pedals.
My son took his wife’s car for MOT this week. I told her it needed two rear exhaust mountings - one was completely broken, the other was about to. He didn’t bother. It passed with the only advisory being 'low fuel level warning light on'!

My son took his wife’s car for MOT this week. I told her it needed two rear exhaust mountings - one was completely broken, the other was about to. He didn’t bother. It passed with the only advisory being 'low fuel level warning light on'!
Pointless advisory.

The exhaust mounts are only an issue if it makes the system insecure (I'm sure you're aware)

You must check the exhaust system of all vehicles with an internal combustion engine, including hybrid vehicles. You need to assess the overall security of the exhaust system. One or more missing or defective exhaust mountings does not necessarily make the exhaust insecure.

The reverse lights are annoying for me because they are never powerful enough to give much illumination.

However, I was stopped by police a few months ago to point out that one was not working and telling me to get it fixed before my next NOT.

Thinking it would just be a bulb I only checked it a day before the test to discover it is another problem and not the bulb.

But pleased the tester did not bother to check it. Nor did he comment on having no rubbers on the pedals. But even so I was charged for an "easy" MOT.

Sponsored Links
That is what I expected. But I cannot see any likely cause apart from a faulty wire!

I know the switch is a common fault but that will effect both bulbs.

Kwik Fit do a free exhaust inspection so took mine before the MOT. It was making a throaty sound so I wondered if there was any problem. But the inspector wanted to look at it without me there which I did not like. But he came and told me he cannot see anything wrong with it.

I then went to the booker and asked of they could do an MOT for me as it passed the exhaust and I was already there. But surprisingly they said they were fully booked for MOTs for that day! Offered me one time for the next day ( Saturday ) and almost any time for the Sunday.

Nor did he comment on having no rubbers on the pedals
Nor should he!
As said before, there was never any rubber on those pedals - they were factory fitted drilled pedals.
We would be having words with him, if he did mention the pedals! :)

Exactly.

But one supplier showed rubbers for that model and not surprisingly they would not fit.

However, I was stopped by police a few months ago to point out that one was not working and telling me to get it fixed before my next NOT.
Lots of cars have just one reverse light as standard!

Sponsored Links
Back