PFC

• Thread starter supersparks
  • Start date
Sponsored Links
Who can say what one person finds easy, and another doesn't?

From looking at the calculations involved, I'd say it was fairly easy, but then I did maths to "A" and first-year degree levels.

Have you looked at this

i have the leccy guide, its just one thing that is on my mind and im trying to work out, and there is usualy a trick. also, im finding it hard to understand fully what the guide says....so who better to ask then breezer or il78, also at this time im not going to phone people to ask... :confused: :LOL:

help... :cry:
as george bush often says: I DONT GEDDIT! (but then he also knows a sock called prof leibstrung...(2dtv)

Sponsored Links
Not me - I've never had to do it - I've read through the details, thought "that all makes sense", looked at the formulae, thought "that doesn't look too hard".

But as I'm not in the business of installation testing, it remains an academic issue. When I'm next doing sufficiently disruptive work that I can take measurements, and I can be bothered to disconnect all the equipotential bonding I might have a go. And then I might well find that my initial evaluation of what's involved was complete *******s...... :oops:

fair enough, i would hve thaught someone on here would have been able to explain, -apparently not, looks like i will have to phone someone, or wait to see them still, maybe they will explain it better anyway

cheers davidh but not what iim looking for, thanks anyway though ;)

i think i have it: so;
-you connect an earth loop tester between phase and neutral at point of entry
-get impendance
-divide impendance reading by supply voltage = psc
Right? :confused:

You have a EFLI meter? Why not just select PSC test and it does it for you......I know its the cop out way........and I have done PSC when I was at college....but like the many other things I have forget, I just dont need to do it.......the wonders of meters.......

But the link Ban made seems easy enough to understand......

You have a EFLI meter? Why not just select PSC test and it does it for you

an earth loop tester right?
so when you select psc, do you not need to work anthing out? it actuly gives you the answer as you would write it down?

:LOL:

LCB2500.jpg

This is the meter I use, when you measure your Ze at the mains / whatever, by pressing one of the yellow buttons it gives you the voltage, PSC and frequency of the installation.......its also an RCD tester.......great stuff........

That one is a Avo-Megger LCB2000 Series (we have about 15, me thinks we paid around £300).......Really good and robust, they can also go across 3 phase which can be handy, coz there is some dozy engineers out there......we have got some robins aswell, not that good (my opinion) dont like 3phase neither...........

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back