Phase rotation

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
The new requirement to confirm phase rotation under the 17th regs meant my test kit had a gap in it. I didn't want to spend a lot of money so I ordered a phase rotation tester from China. It works atreat. It has good display of a rotating disc (clockwise if ok) and 3 leds also confirm. Its as easy to use as you could imagine, place the 3 probes in the correct order on the phases and bob's your uncle. Exactly as you would expect.

However, the instruction manual is something else. The 1st 3 items of the manual are technical data but I am quite bemused by items IV and V. I quote them below verbatim.

IV. Operation Method:
Be connected meter-pen and measuring wire together(do not use hand directly). Any part of measuring wire is well (When measure in its middle part, shuck off its insulter and prevent get an electric shock. through measuring shelf is inserted into metal explore nob and screw down, measurement become more convenience for customers). At that time, meter will show the phase and phase order.

V. Reminds:
1. The meter is high voltage equipment , so check-up before use it. If there appear follow cases, stop measuring to repairing:
A. Appearance scathe
B. Extrusion in transit
C. Store in wet places for long time
2. Do not open cover of meter when measuring
3. Do not use hand to touch the metal of bareness thrum and meter-pen directly
4. Prevent to get an electric shock when all light off, however there is loop
5. It is better to circuit voltage no more than 480V
6. Time limit for continuous measurement 60 minutes at 200vac and 4 minutes at 480vac
7. Do not use in open air or wet places
8. Do not let it touch water or other liquid or directly to the sun
9. Only professors can open its cover
10. Users should take in special train and know well relatively knowledge and operate as this manual
11. Put this manual under reach

Loved item 9!!!!!!!!!

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links
Why the hell would a phase sequence meter need calibration?!

I tested it on a known system so I'm happy with that. It was supplied with a wrist strap.....owing to the poor instructions I hung it on the isolator for the test........no way was I going to have it strapped on my wrist!!!!!!! I tested it for correct and incorrect phase rotation and it does the job. Think I will always do it this way........the instructions don't fill you with confidence

Got to be 1C!

Store in wet places for long time! :eek:

Some DIYer may well buy one and actually do this! :eek: :eek:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back