Phenomenal gas usage from Vokera Linea boiler ?

So we're u running hot water or heating

As said above, during the testing in that video I was running hot water, so it appears to be running about right. I'm just not sure how I can be using so much gas. I have the boiler on a timer cycling on/off, with an average overall of 1/3rd on and 2/3rd off, i.e. 8hrs on per 24hrs. I have now amended this.

My point was that you should do the test again for heating

Although 24kw/h is correct for hot water it SHOULD modulate down for hearing but might not be doing so

Do the test again for heating write down the start figure and the end figure after 2 minutes

Your boiler could require adjustment/ servicing

Sponsored Links
The Linea is not the most efficient boiler around, if funds allow, you would be better replacing the boiler with a SEDBUK A Condensing Combi, which would use less gas for the same heat! ;)

I would suggest two minutes is not enough to gauge heating consumption.

Perhaps a couple of hours with no hot water draw off. This will take into account boiler modulation and control set points being reached or not.

A quick calculation of the properties heat loss will help too.

I would suggest two minutes is not enough to gauge heating consumption.

Perhaps a couple of hours with no hot water draw off. This will take into account boiler modulation and control set points being reached or not.

A quick calculation of the properties heat loss will help too.

Was trying to get some reading so I could work out a gas rate for central heating
Have seen min bp drift upwards alot on these

Sponsored Links
Ach the pre-heat on these are a complete pain in the a.se, I've known one or two go faulty, with the result it's running 24/7!!

I have a Linea in one of my Holiday houses in the Highlands, it's as old as Ben Nevis, but I love it. It can be switched off for months on end, we're in the door 15 minutes, sat down with a dram & the house is as warm as toast.
Of course I give it a good service every year; ventura, circulation pump etc.
I say to the missus, Lady Olive Puller, she's not the old boiler in the house.............. :LOL: :LOL:

£135.00 in a month,you lucky mother ****.
dont worry soon there will be a drought and you will not be able to use hot water.

i have a 4 bed ex-council semi detached house, we pay gas and electric monthly and our bill is £131 per month total for both, our heating is on a lot and we use the tumble drier quite a lot as well, the monthly fee is averaged out over summer/winter

I fixed my gas bills.

I disabled pre-heat on the boiler with the PCB jumper (since it was flowing through the radiators - diverter valve broken).

I turned the hot water temperature almost all the way down! Simple as that!

My horrendous gas usage was mostly caused by the shower I think. I had the hot water temperature almost all the way up, but I was using the shower mixer to mix in cold water while having a long shower.

I now have the hot water temperature turned really low, and I have a long shower and it uses a million times less gas.

The only problem is that I have to turn it up every time I want to wash the dishes, and it takes a while to get to a decent temperature because of the diverter sending the water through the radiators when I don't want it to.

I will get the diverter fixed properly at some point.

The issue of pressure loss that I had, seems to be infrequent. It can run fine for weeks before I need to top it up. Maybe that's because I'm not running the CH at all now.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back