Philip Green did nothing wrong but paid people £1million each.

Is he really a misogyinist because of this?

Perhaps one of the women is jewish so he might be an antisemitic[sic] racist as well.

Sponsored Links
Don't know the guy, but I would've thought misogynist was a bit of a stretch. More that he doesn't know boundaries or thinks he is able to do what he likes coz he is rich.. wouldn't be the first.

Is he really a misogyinist because of this?
He is accused of groping a female executive and then paying her more than £1m to stay quiet...

He also allegedly dragged a woman around in a headlock...

Your call then ;)

Sponsored Links
The correct definition is: contempt for / prejudiced against women.

As above...

Your call then ;)
I presume the oxford dictionary is good enough for you? Definition is: A person who dislikes, despises, or is strongly prejudiced against women.

I think he's a man who had become too big for his boots and thinks he can do and say whatever he pleases. As I said, he isn't the first rich person who thinks they can do what they like, try it on with women, insulting whoever they like. He certainly won't be the last. He's a knob, idiot, nasty piece of work, but I don't think a misogynist is correct. I don't think sex-pests necessarily hate women or are prejudiced against women.

The correct definition is: contempt for / prejudiced against women.
I would question that that is the correct definition.

The prefix 'miso' means hate, so the definition has been - what's the correct word? - modified(?) incorrectly like many words today to cater for the common misuses by prejudiced groups - much like 'semitic' and 'phobia'.

Why is it not a "womanphobe" to tally with the other made up snowflake words that we are subjected to but which don't have any actual meaning?

That would allow any women placed in headlock, or being told they look girly, or if their beliefs were questioned to claim the more encompassing "you're behind womanphobic" without claiming the much more precise "misogynistic".

Why is it not a "womanphobe" to tally with the other made up snowflake words that we are subjected to but which don't have any actual meaning?

That would allow any women placed in headlock, or being told they look girly, or if their beliefs were questioned to claim the more encompassing "you're behind womanphobic" without claiming the much more precise "misogynistic".

What other snowflake words?

So many sensitive snowflakes on here when they discover that words actually have meaning.

I presume the oxford dictionary is good enough for you? Definition is: A person who dislikes, despises, or is strongly prejudiced against women.

I think he's a man who had become too big for his boots and thinks he can do and say whatever he pleases. As I said, he isn't the first rich person who thinks they can do what they like, try it on with women, insulting whoever they like. He certainly won't be the last. He's a knob, idiot, nasty piece of work, but I don't think a misogynist is correct. I don't think sex-pests necessarily hate women or are prejudiced against women.
Being an apologist is almost as bad as being the original offender!

I guess then you think Trump is also not a misogynist?

Being an apologist is almost as bad as being the original offender!

I guess then you think Trump is also not a misogynist?
A typical response from you. Someone dares disagree with you and you call them names. Grow up ffs, not everyone in the world will agree with your misuse of a word and it's immature to lash out at all those who don't.

I think it's more a power imbalance which manifests in inappropriate and unprofessional behaviour which can border on the criminal.

Power corrupts.

Sponsored Links
Back