Philip Green did nothing wrong but paid people £1million each.

Reaction score
Country
Cook Islands
Well that makes perfect sense, doesn't it?

What's the most you've ever paid someone, after doing nothing wrong?

"Sir Philip Green paid a female employee more than £1m to keep quiet after she accused him of kissing and groping her, the Daily Telegraph has reported.

The paper said the senior female employee was one of five members of staff who signed gagging orders after being bullied or harassed.

It reported a black male executive also received £1m after Sir Philip said he was "throwing spears in the jungle".

The Topshop boss denies allegations he behaved wrongly."

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-47179344

Sponsored Links
These principled people who accepted the money are now moaning about what? Hypocrites.

Please can he accuse me of throwing spears in the jungle - perhaps even a grope.

Sponsored Links
Sir Philip Green paid a female employee more than £1m to keep quiet after she accused him of kissing and groping her

As usual you are twisting.

The woman didnt have to accept a pay off, she couldve continued with the charges.

The choice she had was a million quid, or a potential jail sentence for Green and zilch for her. Mmmm I wonder how long it took to decide.

The ball was in her court not Greens.

Nothing to stop her taking the money and pressing charges. Thats what the girl that signed a NDA with Ronaldo.

I wonder if the NDA signers would be exempted from breaking the agreements if a Parliamentary Select Committee called them to testify?

£1M is about the going rate for claims against an exec. There will be a fair amount of legal fees in there, plus the payments are staggered to reduce the impact of breach.

You sound like you’re talking from experience. You’re not one of 'em are you ......

The woman didnt have to accept a pay off, she couldve continued with the charges.

The choice she had was a million quid, or a potential jail sentence for Green and zilch for her. Mmmm I wonder how long it took to decide.

Nothing to stop her taking the money and pressing charges. Thats what the girl that signed a NDA with Ronaldo.
What would you do?
The cops wouldn't have taken it seriously and he certainly wouldn't have gone to jail for groping or in the other case, for saying about chucking spears. Even if it had gone to court, he is a very rich man with access to the best lawyers... That money offer from Green was to save his reputation.

As usual, not living in the real world!

Sponsored Links
Back