Philip Green up to his antics again

Sponsored Links
Should we save them. More people work in Arcadia and Debenhams and they contribute more than the Fishing Industry. So why no love for them? o_O
Because the brexit loons don't understand the relative value of various sectors of the economy!

It might be partly because he is not as clever as he thinks he is.

and the fact that more people know what he's like

is why he isn't finding as many willing mugs as he used to

He has an interesting trick that was run through via another retail god last night. He called him an asset tripper as typically he sells the properties overseas into tax havens and then charges what ever rent he likes. Seems he or family is mixed in with the new property owner as well. He's not keen on putting money into a business only ways of taking it out and is very good at doing that.

Not contributing to pension schemes became popular maybe 20 odd years ago down to returns on investing in property. They had been heading in that direction for some time. Demise of industry probably accelerated that. Once it's stopped companies are not keen on starting up again. There has also be tax changes on funds due to abuse. It's not the pension holders who own the fund.

Online retail. I have used the big name chains at times but a big problem is that people tend to look elsewhere. I had a an "interesting" experience in this area. My wife bought me some sweat shirts from the Edinbugh Wool Shop. Well known brand. Wanted some more so saw them on Amazon and bought a couple. One wash and those looked a mess. Little tufts all over. Wool Shop ones fine over far more so far. Exactly the same label on them. Pringle.

Sponsored Links
Oddly, online businesses are booming as a result of the pandemic. Phill missed a trick there.

Not defending him, but he was top of the game for decades.
Only time will tell if Asos, BooHoo and the like manage anything like as long.

I thought the government were going to put laws in place to stop all that? Oh, that wasn't the UK government, was it?

Shame about that business of yours, says Sir Philip Green to wife (thedailymash.co.uk)

A COMPLETELY uninvolved Sir Philip Green has casually mentioned the impending collapse of the Arcadia Group to their owner, his wife Tina.

The couple were breakfasting on their yacht in Monaco when Philip spotted a headline about Arcadia, which he has no financial interest in whatsoever and indeed has barely heard of.

He continued: “Yes, apparently Topshop’s going tits up. Isn’t that one of yours?

“I seem to remember visiting it a couple of times and getting roped into some launch photos or something, even though I’m not connected to it in any way and that’s legally watertight.

“How’s the pension fund? Not that I’d know or anything. But hasn’t been left a few hundred million light or anything, has it? Still not my problem.

“Rude of me to bring it up, really. It’s your business, I shouldn’t go sticking my nose in. Pass the butter?”

Topshop employee Grace Wood-Morris said: “I don’t know how Sir Philip’s so rich when it’s his wife owns all the businesses. She must be really generous.”

Online shopping isn't the solution for every retailer, you only have to look at Primark. They do some online but have mainly invested in the stores. They're bright, vibrant and above all, cheap.
Cheap doesn't lend itself so well to online, you need an awful lot of customers buying a £3 frock to turn a profit, if you even manage to, if those same customers go into the store for the £3 frock, they'll likely spend £20 or £30 on other stuff that catches their eye.

Arcadia stores were 10 years at least behind the times, didn't invest in modernising, they were failing long before covid. Four months of closures and limited customers is going to be the death knell for the majority of High St retailers.

I'm no fan of Philip Green, never have been, but to see people coming in their pants because of Arcadias demise fills me with dismay, particularly as the only people who are going to lose out and suffer real hardship are the workers, but I guess that really turns some people on.

I had a an "interesting" experience in this area. My wife bought me some sweat shirts from the Edinbugh Wool Shop. Well known brand. Wanted some more so saw them on Amazon and bought a couple. One wash and those looked a mess. Little tufts all over. Wool Shop ones fine over far more so far. Exactly the same label on them. Pringle.

Check again, I think you'll find one of the labels was 'Plingle'.

3rd parties sell fakes on amazon and amazon don't give a f** shock.

Got some Musto HPX gear on amazon, didn't even need to take it out of the packet to know it was fake. sent back, AMZ refunded, but trader still trading.

Sponsored Links
Back