Philips gogear vibe mp4 player

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
hi... I have just bought the above mp4 player and am having difficulty putting music on it. when I download music onto it ,it will not play and say's there is no music on it, yet when I connect it to my laptop the music is there and it plays on my laptop. is this something to do with the file format ?. the instructions are crap and there is no trouble shooting guide. the file formats it will play are..... mp3 wma wav. I have tried mp3 format and this does not work.
help please.
mickcoulson

Sponsored Links
The basic versions of MP3 are prettty universal. The files might be on the player but they haven't been indexed so the player's software does know they're there. Do you have to use a Philips utility or software program to load the files on to the player?

The basic versions of MP3 are prettty universal. The files might be on the player but they haven't been indexed so the player's software does know they're there. Do you have to use a Philips utility or software program to load the files on to the player?
no I used windows media player and dragged and dropped from my music

The user manual for the various iterations of the GoGear Vibe are available online at www.p4c.philips.com I have just had a look at one of the product support pages and downloaded the manual for a quick read.

You said the instructions are "crap". Maybe I'm seeing something different to you (do try the link and download the pdf file of the user manual) but what I'm seeing seems very very straightforward. It tells me that the Philips player does indeed use a utility program to manage the files you want to load on to the player. It's called Songbird. The index of the user manual has the steps clearly laid out. The pages of the manual seem clear and concise to me. So I'm wondering, did you bother to read the instructions properly?

The issue you've got is I think because you've just dived in and made some basic assumptions about how the bit of tech will work, and those assumptions are actually wrong. Have another look at the manual. Load the Songbird software on your PC and follow the instructions. You might find that things start to fall in to place quite quickly after that. Good luck. (y)

Sponsored Links
The user manual for the various iterations of the GoGear Vibe are available online at www.p4c.philips.com I have just had a look at one of the product support pages and downloaded the manual for a quick read.

You said the instructions are "crap". Maybe I'm seeing something different to you (do try the link and download the pdf file of the user manual) but what I'm seeing seems very very straightforward. It tells me that the Philips player does indeed use a utility program to manage the files you want to load on to the player. It's called Songbird. The index of the user manual has the steps clearly laid out. The pages of the manual seem clear and concise to me. So I'm wondering, did you bother to read the instructions properly?

The issue you've got is I think because you've just dived in and made some basic assumptions about how the bit of tech will work, and those assumptions are actually wrong. Have another look at the manual. Load the Songbird software on your PC and follow the instructions. You might find that things start to fall in to place quite quickly after that. Good luck. (y)
The Gogear vibe has gone back to Argos. I have been informed by Philips that the Vibe is not compatible with Windows 10 ( my operating system ), it is only compatible with Windows XP, Vista and Windows 7. I did download Philips Songbird, and tried it but I still could not get the music to play. For your information I DID read the instructions that came with the product and if you check the reviews you will find I am not the ONLY one to think they are crap. But thanks for your help anyway.

To be fair to you the Argos web site doesn't mention compatibility with any PC O/S in the main product details. Then again, it doesn't either for the Sony, Bush, Alba and Acoustic Solution products I had a quick look at. I think that's a fundamental flaw in the catalogue's web page. However, the user manual does mention O/S compatibility in at least two places; once in system requirements and once where it talks about how to use the software to move files on to the player. By your own admission you said you just used drag 'n' drop from Windows Media Player which to me suggests that you missed reading some relevant bits in the manual. As for others thinking the manual is crap, it's the same with virtually every product, so it's nothing more than a fairly normal bell curve distribution looking at the reviews.

Anyway, you've taken it back and got your £30-£35 refunded, so it's no longer an issue for you.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back