Philips Hue Dimmer

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all,

Apologies if this is in the wrong section.

I have a Philips Hue set up (just bulbs) through my house and wanting to expand to maybe some dimmer’s and motion detectors.

I am thinking about putting a dimmer in the living room. Does the dimmer back plate fully fit over a 1G light switch?

If possible I would like to take my original light switch off, junction box/connect the cable so they are permanently on and leave them in tie back box and then (hopefully) fit the Philips Hue dimmer back plate over the original switch?

I’m a bit OCD and don’t really want my original switch/cables/back box on show if I can help it?

Sponsored Links
Try here :)
http://www.smartukhome.co.uk/index.php/2016/02/02/automated-lighting-in-the-uk/

I mean, it's still not pretty...

but it answers your question.

Although, I do wonder how he went ahead and attached that to the wall with the screw hole locations being above and below the socket.... erm.

----------------------------------------------------

On thing I have just thought, could you mount 1 gang metal blanking plates and then purchase and affix small magnets to the back of the hue dim switch.

That way you could stick the dimmer to the wall and also pull it off to use as a remote.

Last edited:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back