Phone controlled alarms...

without going into the pros and cons of a wired/wireless system I suugest you go for redcare which is supplied through the bt line and monitored 24/7 by them ,and yes you can use the phone as well as your alarm on the same line without renting another one ...when the alarm goes off your alarm company will contact you first to see if all ok and if not contact the police......the alarm will also trigger at the monitoring station if your phone line is cut or damaged,if you are going for this the company will arrange a bt engineer to fit a redcare block and bring it into service (CHIRPS) but make sure it is terminated on the screw terminals of the main nte so if you take off your frontplate you wont trigger the alarm

Sponsored Links
BT do NOT monitor it redcare, they are as you said the provider but as you also said tthe alarm co monitor it.

besides why bother going to all that trouble, redcare :!: That will cost a fortune, leave it out, he only wants something for peace of (his) mind

oh breezer you spotted my deliberate mistake,,,,,,,,bt do not monitor redcare as I said they are monitored by a alarm company but the op does not say if its for business use or just personal,,,,,,,as majority of business insurance companys state that they will only cover if redcare protected

Sponsored Links
Coniferman said:
I've had a wireless system for a few months now, no problems whatsoever.

The main problem ( to come ? ) is when it fails to alarm when there is a break in to the property

Anti-jamming built-in. No conflicts with other wireless devices.

There is no such thing as an effective anti-jamming system. Only methods to make jamming so difficult that it is too expensive to impliment compared to any gain obtained by effective jamming.

Will let you know if I but burgled ;)

The alarm should tell you and the bell should prevent the burglary

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back