Texecom Veritas R8+ Communicator help please

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I've installed a Veritas R8+ and want to use the communicator channels with a GSM dialler from Control Freq:

http://www.sim-entry.com/category/gsm_alarm_diallers

I've been emailing Texecom but their tech help isn't familiar with the Control Freq unit. What I want to do is receive SMS notification if the alarm is triggered at the site. No problem, I connected term 3 (intruder) to the GSM alarm terminal and it works.

What I'd like to do now is use the phone function to call back to site and reset/unset/set the alarm and receive confirmation of the status. Texe advise to use a spare zone as a keyswitch to set/unset and I see from the manual (p23) that after an activation, the next keyswitch op will enter recall, the next reset to unset. Presumably the third toggle then sets it again.

The problem is doing this by phoning in and cycling the relay output is fine but it would be easy to get lost as to the current state of the alarm. I was trying to get a better description of the other comm channels and their function but Texe have only provided basic answers.

What happens on the set/unset terminal 4? Is is a latching function, ie open is unset/0v latched is set or does it toggle with momentary switching?

What happens on term 8 "confirmed"? Is this a latching acknowledgement of the alarm state that I need?

Any other advice how to remotely cancel an intruder alarm, unset and then reset the alarm all through a GSM controlled in/out relay box? Control Freq do multi channel units so there is no problem with shortage of channels.

TIA!

Sponsored Links
Hi,

Are you using the V Lite model, this has 2 in 2 out.

A standard Digi (Digital communicator) has the following;-

Channel 1 = Fire

Channel 2 = Panic

Channel 3 = Intruder

Channels 4 to 8 are usually optional and may be configured as required.

How many zones are you using on the panel. You need one free for switching via the V lite.

Take Care.

Texe seem reluctant to share the protocol of the communicator channels but they have now told me enough to hook up what I need to. For others, the Veritas panel has the following channels

1 Fire -
2 PA -
3 Intruder - triggers GSM dialler
4 Set/Unset - toggled alarm set status
5 Abort -
6 Zone -
7 Duress -
8 Confirmed - second activation confirmation
L/M Line Monitor - not used for GSM
R/R Remote Reset -

I can now receive an intruder alert, phone back to reset, unset and set the alarm and listen to confirmation of status on channel 4. Fire, PA, Duress not required at this location but could be added if required.

Sponsored Links
Hi,

So they've allocated every output. Keep us informed of how you get on,

Take care

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back