phone extension + dect

W

westie1961

hi all, we have a bt dect phone, i plugged it into an extension lead and it the phone doesnt have a dial tone, but it works fine in the main socket and on a smaller extension lead.

does a dect phone need a different type of extension lead? than a non dect phone

Sponsored Links
A DECT phone doesn't have a lead- It's cordless! :D Sorry, couldn't resist :oops:

The connections on the BT connector for the base station should follow normal telephone connections, but if you are replacing the lead from the RJ11 connector on the base station, that may be wired differently, according to whatever the manufacturer sees fit.
Some BT to RJ11/RJ45 leads were intended for use with modems that used different line connections.

Does your extension lead work on a different phone?

When I bought a new Panasonic DECT to replace my broken BT Dect I thought I could just use the old BT phone cable for the panasonic and save myself the hassle of pulling the wire out from behind furniture etc. Problem was the Panasonic didn't work. Then I noticed that the supplied telephone cable with the panasonic appeared to have 4 pins whereas the BT cable only had two. Changed the cable and problem solved.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back