Photo Of The Mid-Afternoon

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Exposed live parts anyone? Do you think it warrents a code 1 :LOL:

1283008576.jpg

Sponsored Links
for those of us not familiar with such gear what parts are both exposed and live?

Bearing in mind there is no lid present for the ALUMINIUM 'home made' trunking (this is the mains intake in a fabrication factory).

This busbar is fed directly from the substation via an 800amp ACB and CT chamber.

vqiikl.jpg

lock it off and take the keys home with you..
you need some paxolin for that at least...

exposed ends of the busbars?

Sponsored Links
lock it off and take the keys home with you..

Can't do that, unless you want to be sued for lost production time :eek:

Danger notice, and secure the switchroom door from access from none skilled persons (factory switchrooms often get used as storerooms and cleaners and caretakers sometimes have keys :( ), and place a warning sign near it would be a more measured response....

Very much so.

The end plate has been removed where you usually would bolt one busbar chamber onto another.

Even with the trunking lid in place this would be an extremely shoddy way to have done this.

Typical job by site maintenance sparks.

The switch room doesn't even have a door!

NICEIC danger notification countersigned and issued.......us mere sparks have no authority at all to isolate anything.

No - but you do have the authority to write to the HSE and the management of the company and the insurers who provide the employer's liability insurance (same letter to each, and showing on each one the other 2 parties as cc's) stating that in your professional opinion the electrical installation is lethally dangerous.

Very much so.

The end plate has been removed where you usually would bolt one busbar chamber onto another.

Even with the trunking lid in place this would be an extremely shoddy way to have done this.

Typical job by site maintenance sparks.

The switch room doesn't even have a door!

NICEIC danger notification countersigned and issued.......us mere sparks have no authority at all to isolate anything.

I resent that, I am a maintenance electrician I would never leave a bus bar chamber open like that. A stiff bit of card should do the trick.

I don't think there's any danger there, the sign on the bottom right clearly says it's off. ;)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back