Night storeage heaters - what about boost in late afternoon

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
My storeage heaters struggle to retain their heat all day long. I recall years ago it was possible to get the electricity supplier to offer to boost them in mid to late afternoon. Mine merely heat up overnight on economy 7, anyone got the answer. I'm with Atlantic (supplier) Thanks in advance

Sponsored Links
assuming its on a time switch I suggest you ask your supplier as you can not adjust the time switch

There used to be storage heaters with two input leads, one went to the economy 7 supply (which turns itself off during the day) and the other to the full-price elecrical circuit, like any other socket, so you could give them an expensive boost if you wanted to.

Atlantic (SSE subsidiary) sell electricity very cheap, you might as well have an ordinary electric heater and switch it on during the day if you're cold. Storage heaters are very slow to respond.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back