Photocell on warehouse lights

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have been asked to fit a photocell to switch out a contactor feeding warehouse lights. the manager has said he is the only guy who switches lights off and wants an adjustable photocell that automatically swiches lights off when its bright outside then brings them back on when it starts to get dark. anyone heard of an adjustable photocell that would be suitable for this????

Sponsored Links
its quite common, (most street lamps have one) but the only thing is, its a commercail premises, and i have to ask, are you qualified to fit one?

Adjuestable ones are a vailable, ask a wholesaler to source one for you. Thats what they are there for.

I would also check to ensure theu LUX Levels will be adequate witht he lights off - HASAWR.

yes, time served own buissness NICEIC member since day 1

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

breezer, while lamp-posts do sometimes have them i`m sure they are not adjustable, i have not come accross one that is adjustable?

please note 10a which is here

Sponsored Links
are you still looking for an adjustable one? and what is it you want to adjust? the light level (tlc have them, i seached fr them) or the time delay.

you could always make one using a plc type controller

I know hagar do one - don't like their control kit, but I know they have them, as have fitted them.

I assume adjustment of lux level is required - you don't want the lights to only come on when it is dusk outside, but when it becomes dull??

Still a wack idea in my mind - a warehouse is designed to be lit. Maybe should look at altering the switching arrangement to allow staggered row switching etc etc. A dark warehouse is an accident waiting to happen.

fireman22 said:
breezer, while lamp-posts do sometimes have them i`m sure they are not adjustable, i have not come accross one that is adjustable?
i have never seen cell for street lights that are adjustable. i know you can get different versions that are tho

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back