Picture of the week!™

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Well folks, it's that time of the week again!

This week we have a 1G 2W switch.

Image215.jpg

The earth terminal has been used to connect the common from the upstairs switch to the switched live going to the pendant set.

The common from upstairs is a single insulated cable.

All the earths have been cut off both in the switch and the pendant.

Sorry about the picture quality. I got caught without my camera again and had to use my phone :mad: :LOL:

Sponsored Links
I have had to sacrifice camera quality in favour of simple to use super sexy phone :LOL:

It’s professional like you that give members of Bodge it and Scarper brigade a bad name.

Personally I think that all members of the secrete society of Bodge it and Scarper should be publicly flogged three times a day.

So RF keep up the good work

Finally; I would like to wish all members and there love ones a very magical Christmas and a fantastic new year.

Sponsored Links
Here at the respectable firm of Bod, Jitt & Scarpre, we call that 'injinyooity', I'll have you know. :D

Crumbling service cable - wonder how many more are like this?

What happened was that the decaying cable shorted out one wet evening, taking the local substation fuse with it - leaving everyone on that phase in the street, without electricity until the following morning.

Clearly the design of DNO equipment does NOT minimise inconvenience in the event of a small fault! :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

This is what's underground at the end of my road:

img0991js9.jpg

img0989cj5.jpg

img0990uu3.jpg

You can see where they repaired a section which had failed - I wonder how long it will be before it fails elsewhere. It's probably been there for 50+ years.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back