Picture of the week!

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Well folks its that time of the week again!

Unfortunatly I can't beat last weeks photo, but here you go:

This week is a flush mounted 4 way wylex CU, which is supplied from an external meter box. The tails run through the cavity and enter through an oversized hole in the rear of the CU.

Not a problem until cavity wall insulation was installed!

IMGP1560.jpg

Sponsored Links
By the time you add the correction factors, the current carrying capacities of those cables will be next to nothing!!

Sponsored Links
try and get a test finger in the back of that baby! :LOL:

I am just puzzled why it is ON with the bus bar exposed.......

Cavity foam is dangerous. Back in the 1970's an apprentice was told to keep pumping foam until the stick in the hole above moved then move the nozzle along to the next hole. The stick didn't move until after the customers pantry was filled with foam encapsulating all her food.

bernardgreen said:

Fear not!

The fuse board was isolated at the cutout, so no live parts present at all.

Yeah, you're getting somewhat graphic now, thereby eliminating all humour from the original play on words.

You might also want to experiment some more with the quote feature. ;)

bernardgreen said:

Cavity foam is dangerous. Back in the 1970's an apprentice was told to keep pumping foam until the stick in the hole above moved then move the nozzle along to the next hole. The stick didn't move until after the customers pantry was filled with foam encapsulating all her food.

I do not think B means that the foam is actually dangerous...

http://www.hse.gov.uk/lau/lacs/37-9.htm
:cool:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back