Piles of earth in my shed.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
My shed has piles of earth about 2 to 3 feet high in it. It is on a concrete base and has a wooden floor. What can be causing them please. :( :( :confused: [/b]

Sponsored Links
Sorry, didn't know I had :oops:
Do you think it could be rats or squirrels doing the excavating.

Sounds bizarre!

Where is the soil coming from if the shed has a wooden floor and is on a concrete base?

No way rats and sqirrels if it is piled two feet high. Fox or badger or prankster. Photos please.

Sponsored Links
with the door locked or tight shut ?
what is the biggest gap around the shed making sure all windows are covered ?
over what period off time has this happened ?
is there any signs off gnawing or scratching?
does the earth look random or sculptured ?

Having dug our way through it, checked all the shed, and looked carefully round the out side. We have found rat droppings inside the shed and burrowing out side the shed. I have put poison down. It was a random pile and how they got it in there I do not know. But rats it certainly is. The shed STANK and all bird feed eaten.
It is a good way of bringing the family together after Sunday l lunch on a lovely day :D :D
Thanks for your thoughts. Lynne

You need to keep bird food in sealed containers - I use large plastic crates with clip on lids for sacks of seed but a dustbin with a secure lid would do the job too. I keep fatballs and small bags of nuts in tupperware-type containers. If you spill any feed on the floor, sweep it up right away.

Thanks for that Ceres. The bird food, sunflower seeds, was in plastic tupper ware type containers and they eat through the seal of the lid, were it was thinnest. Biscuit tins from now on I think.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back