Pilkington K vs Glavabel Low-E - U values ?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
To save me wasting any more of my Friday night on Google ......

We've got some windows ordered and they have all been specified with Low-E glass. The manufacturer said they were PK equivalent and after a little more coaxing said they used Glavabel Low-e glass.

Now the Glavabel site is a little confuddling to say the least - they keep banging on about U values of 1.1 but I can't find anywhere that they specifically state this value is valid for their windows.

From what I can gather from the Pilkington site, the PK windows are 1.7 to 1.8 rated for their U value.

I've got 28mm (4 x 20 x 4) glazed units.

Can anyone confirm the U value of the Glavabel Low-E units ? My manufacturer has finished for the weekend so I can't ask them until Monday.

Mind you - compared to the existing wooden double glazing with 8mm gaps around the warped windows and skinny (I guess 4 x 8 x 4) glazed units anything is going to be better lol.

Ta

Sponsored Links
The overall U value for the windows will vary depending on the thickness of glass, the cavity between the panes and whether they are gas filled or not, not forgetting the frames, All of that has a bearing on the overall U value and that is the figure to ask your supplier ie the U value of the windows not the glzed units. I don't think there's much difference between Pilkington and Gaverbel anyway tbh.

The U value between gas filled and air filled only seems to be around 0.2 difference so I'm not too worried about that.

Frames are standard FS70 Veka profile so nothing too out of the normal there either.

As long as there isn't a major difference then I'm not fussed :)

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back