Pillar Drill vice with mounting holes 105mm apart?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Basically as per the thread title. Can anyone point me in the direction of a Pillar drill vice that has this mounting hole distance? Mounting holes seem to have become non standard, given the variety of cheaper less powerful drills now available. My mounting slots center points are 105mm apart and I can't find a vice with matching slot widths.

Any help much appreciated.

Sponsored Links
I'm assuming your vice is too narrow for the 105mm centres?
Can you try to mount your vice onto a slim flat plate underneath using countersunk set screws?
The plate could then be drilled to suit your 105mm centres.

Thanks for the reply conny. No, I’ve not got a vice yet. I may yet have to buy one and bodge together some kind of adaptor but tbh I’d really rather spend my time more productively diy’ing elsewhere! ;)

I’ve heard of a few pillar drills with the same 105mm mounting hole distances as mine, so I’m surprised I’m finding it so hard tracking down a compatible vice. Anyone?

Sponsored Links
I thought it was the old Imperial standard of 4 inches (or 102mm)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back