Pilot light goes out! please HELP

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Earlier today I was fitting a new mixer shower, I turned the boiler off on the front panel, the switch is on the left of the control panel and is marked '0' for off and then there are two more settings which the first setting is for hot water only and the second setting is heating and hot water. (it is a VOKERA excell 80 SP) Anyway, I connected the mixer unit and turned the water mains back on. I went to the boiler to turn it ON and the pilot light had gone out, I haven't had this happen when previously turning it off in the same way. I attempted to light it, the pilot light came on fine, I held the button in for 30 seconds as described in the lighting procedure text on the door of the boiler. When I released it slowly, the pilot light went out! I waited the stated 3 minutes and tried again, and again it went out! I tried again but held it in for 1 minute, It still went out when released! I have now tried quite a few times but it will not sustain itself. I would very much appreciate any help you could give.

Thank you

MrWilson

Sponsored Links
You really need a Corgi reg. engineer to sort out this problem since it involves work on gas safety elements. It's not illegal to do it yourself if you were competent, but since you have to ask.....

I wouldn't work on gas related equipment, I have not got any qualifications, I was just wanting to know the possible causes to prevent any shock when I get the heating engineer in to have a look! LOL.
thank you for your concern.
MrWilson

Well it may be something as simple as the pilot light or thermocouple needing a clean, or possibly a new thermocouple. Shouldn't take long or cost too much - but do ask first what the company think is wrong and what they would charge.

Sponsored Links
For the interest of resolution to this thread.
The actual problem was the hi-limit stat. Which needed replacing.
However the thermocouple was replaced first of all and may also have been shot!
Thanks for the help

Thanks for the feedback. Pleased to hear you got it fixed.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back