pilot light won't re-ignite.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
My boiler is a baxi solo wm 40/4RS.The pilot light has gone out and won't re-ignite.Can anyone help.

Sponsored Links
is the pilot lighting but not holding or cant you light it? has it got a overheat stat fitted?

Remove the bottom cover off the boiler. If it has a over heat stat (dark red in colour with a little button in the middle) check the button hasn’t springed out. Turn the button on the gas valve to the spark position and keep pressing the piezo ignighter (to the right of the gas valve) until pilot lights. Hold in for 20 seconds release and turn the button to flame position

Sponsored Links
My boiler doesn't have a over heat stat.tried re-lighting again there is a spark but no flame.

have ya got gas? have ya got the knob on the gas valve set to the spark postion and are holding it fully in while pressing the sparker?
solo's usually relight pretty easy :LOL:

there is gas as i can smell it when i set the button to the right position and press it in.

out of interest how can you smell gas as if you say this is a room sealed appliance
have you removed the combustion cover :?:

mind i have known the gas valve leak round the knob

not on a boiler a fire

got the call ive got flames in my fire

i said you should have

in the space of 6 hours the freaking thing was leaking

new one from the mans no prob

says it all :cry:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back