Pilot light won't remain lit?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hey guys

I've got a Johnson & Starley, Modairflow furnace, model JS/RT 22-25 and the pilot light keeps going out.

Just started today, although it went out about two weeks ago but upon relighting stayed lit. Now it won't, consistently. Sometimes it does but almost always goes out after the furnace runs a thermostat cycle.

Gas, forced air, no work done on it at all. Last year we had a new blower installed, but aside from that nothing since I purchased this flat in 2001.

Any ideas / tips / suggestions?

Sponsored Links
Hey guys

Gas, forced air, no work done on it at all. Last year we had a new blower installed, but aside from that nothing since I purchased this flat in 2001.

Any ideas / tips / suggestions?

Well you should have had it serviced every year!

This is particularly important as these can corrode and allow carbon monoxide to circulate round the warm air distribution system.

Like all combustion related matters my advice is always to get a competent CORGI to diagnose the problem!

Tony

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back