Pilot Light Worcester 28i jnr

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
omg i need help, it so cold.
My boiler had lost pressure then wouldnt light so i managed to get the pressure up but it still wont light. i press the rest button and it ticks a few times then flashes.

Anyone know why?

Sponsored Links
if its a fairly new Worcester it wont have a pilot light...

if its a blue light that is flashing, depending on how many/how fast it flashes depends on what fault it is, if you have your manufacturers instructions, go to the back and go through the fault finding.

try turn mains fuse spur off for 30 seconds, then back on, then reset boiler and call for hot water

Sponsored Links
if its a fairly new Worcester it wont have a pilot light...

if its a blue light that is flashing, depending on how many/how fast it flashes depends on what fault it is, if you have your manufacturers instructions, go to the back and go through the fault finding.

try turn mains fuse spur off for 30 seconds, then back on, then reset boiler and call for hot water

Its a red flashing light but only after its tried to light. if i don't prompt it to come on it doest flash. Ive done all the on/off thing.... still nothing. its been off for about 5 mins now, i'll try again then accept defeat!!

I know it doesn't have an old gas flame with a little window, didn't realise it was something different all together!

God, im such a woman!

Thank god for these forums,

Funny how the boiler decides the pressure is low after failing to ignite :confused:

Possibly not pressure switch ;)

Oh tony beat me to it :cool:

Im with Daz on this one , the low water contents switch on this boiler interrupts the APS, and shows a lockout code , one of the few boilers that will actually spark when low water content switch is in de-fault mode

Yes, but surely if the APS is interrupted then it should not spark?

I agree that Worcester boilers in particular do seem to be particularly prone to unexpected faulty operation.

On one that I went to an open circuit gas valve solenoid caused the PCB to fail. So after fitting the new ( different ) gas valve then I found I was needing a new PCB as well!

I agree that Worcester boilers in particular do seem to be particularly prone to unexpected faulty operation.

On one that I went to an open circuit gas valve solenoid caused the PCB to fail. So after fitting the new ( different ) gas valve then I found I was needing a new PCB as well!

which model was that on tony as a matter of interest
that sounds like poor diagnosis tbh tony. All combi s do not work the same.

the junior will light for a split second then fail if there is a water press problem. it has probably dragged gunk into the microswitch when re filled

The problem was on a combi with an ali HE on the right. 35cdi HE ?

The gas valve coil was o/c so no wrong diagnosis there. The PCB was giving a lack of ignition fault alternating with a faulty PCB code. The owner's worker had been fiddling with the controls a lot but that should not fail the PCB!

The LP switch gets filled with dirt because its in a no flow location and so dirt just stays there until it congeals and completely blocks the entry. They often reset after a few hours.

Of course the user should top up the pressure BEFORE it causes the switch to drop out!

Tony

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back