Pilot Light

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, I have Concord WRS central heating boiler and the pilot light has gone out :( Has anyone any tips on how to re-light it? I have tried but to no avail.
Thanks in anticipation.

Sponsored Links
Use a match.

You can remove the sight-glass however you do this at your own risk.

Sponsored Links
if its not staying lit you need a new thermocouple ( about £5 )

really?

and you came by that conclusion how?

and when you change the thermocouple what then?

what about the statutory checks?

does this boiler have an ignitor? :rolleyes:

How do I remove the front? So I can light it?

I could tell you but would have to kill you afterwards,sorry but my lips are sealed I do not want your death on my conscience.

Cheers.

no point in telling you how to do anything like that anyway, mod 10 would just delete it and call me a murderer or something.

does the pilot light but then go out when you release the button?

There is no spark from the pilot light to ignite the gas. Thanks for all your help, I am losing my fingers and toes to frostbite now so think I'll call a plumber :cry:

For gas related repairs like that its the best thing to do.

The only thing you could do yourself is see if the wire is attached to the contact on the side of the piezo spark generator. If so then unless you want to test its working thats about as far as your can go.

You are lucky to have Mod 10 to watch out for your safety by deleting inappropriate advice which some people try to give on gas work.

Tony

Plumber coming tomorrow :) Will let you all know the outcome seeing as you all were so helpful and if my frostbitten fingers can still type ;)
Thanks again everyone !

Lovely and warm outdoors, not inside though me heating system is bust ;) Finding it difficult to type cos of the frostbite in here :cry:

Lunchtime it was 21° C inside and 17.5° C outside!

Even now at 0100 its still 10.5°C outside ( and 1017 mB ).

Tony

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back