Pin kerbs and postcrete/postfix

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I've just had a new driveway done but next door has a lawn butting against it. I'm planning to lay a line of pin kerbs along the edge just to finish it off and to protect it from next doors lethal lawnmower.

I've got some postcrete left over from some fencing I did last month so was wondering if I can just use that to bed it onto? Driveway is concrete with a hard straight edge so pin kerb will go against it.

Sponsored Links
Are your pin kerbs going to be on your side of the boundary line or your neighbours?
If there is going to be any doubt then I suggest you talk with your neighbour first and explain what you propose to do. If you sink your pins level with his lawn level you can tell him it will protect his mower blade possibly getting damaged against your concrete drive and help give his lawn a nice straight edge.

Yes bed onto dry postcrete. I've done that and it works fine. They'll also need some haunching if possible. Can you ask the neighbour if you can neatly cut back 100mm of his lawn, add some haunching 2/3 the way up the kerb and put the grass back?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back