Pine engineered flooring

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I am doing a barn conversion on a barn attached to my house and would like to use an engineered floor over underfloor heating, but feel that oak wouldn't look right (too posh!). Does anyone know of any producers that make an engineered floor with a pine upper laminate?

Sponsored Links
Bayard, there are many grades in Oak: from Prime (posh?) to Nature (more sap-wood and tiny knots), Rustic (large knots, more colour variations) and even Extra Rustic - County (larger and open knots, not recommended for underfloor heating).

Haven't really seen manufacturers creating pine wood-engineered boards, too expansive compared with solid pine boards.

Wouldn't a solid wood pine floor warp if laid over underfloor heating? Perhaps reclaimed timber would be dry enough not to warp or shrink. I could reuse the existing pine floor, but much of it looks too wormeaten to lift and relay.
Anyway, you've got me thinking I could do part of the floor in oak (the part of the barn that was a house a few hundred years ago) and the rest in reclaimed pine, unless you think that even reclaimed would not be suitable.
Thanks

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back