Pipe Diameter Advice

Think I know what you're gonna say.... ;)

You're gonna say the tank is wrong anyway, whip it out make it bigger, put a pump in keep the Triton you've got and Bob's you're Uncle (which he is, funnily enough!)

Sponsored Links
You Think right ;)

Manufacturers will say what you want to hear to sell something, pump might be more expensive but you know it will work.

glad you got shot of the other guy, sounds like everybody's worst nightmare :eek:

T&G boards should be fine for your tank, but might not be big enough base now, depends of the size of the new tank.

glad you got shot of the other guy, sounds like everybody's worst nightmare :eek:

Looks like he's coming back...

We came in on Sunday to find a leak down the wall from one of the shower feed pipes then this AM there's a leak from a basin waste...

He obviously did not test his pipework.

Going to measure my tank against a 25 gall. one to see if it's up to scratch. It it is, it can stay and I'll have the outlet moved.

Seeing as I got the last guy WOM, and don't want to do that again, how can I get a good plumber who knows what he (or she) is doing?

Sponsored Links
Going to measure my tank against a 25 gall. one to see if it's up to scratch. It it is, it can stay and I'll have the outlet moved.

If you need more volume in your CW header tank, a cheaper and easier solution is to buy a second, similarly sized tank, and connect it to your existing tank with a bit of 22mm. If you have room.

No idea whether this conforms to regs, but it will give you more volume.

If you need more volume in your CW header tank, a cheaper and easier solution is to buy a second, similarly sized tank, and connect it to your existing tank with a bit of 22mm. If you have room.

No idea whether this conforms to regs, but it will give you more volume.

Yes it's fine to join two tanks. Have the inlet going in to the first tank and then join it to the second tank, then put the outlets from the second tank.

This way you don't get stagnant water

Cheers guys.

My starting point for researching a pump was the Triton tech guy who recommended the 550i. He said for that pump you need a 114 litre tank (25 gall).
That's a 1.2 bar pump, I think.

So, I'm about to leap up into the loft and measure it against one that is 25 gallons to see if it is sufficient.

I'm still a bit in two minds about a pump. If two people have a shower, that'll easily empty the cylinder of hot water.

Spot the confused guy....

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back