Pipe Diameter Advice

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Oh dear. The more I look at what this plumber has done while we have been away, the more my heart sinks (See also post about stone resin tray). :cry:

The old bath hot feed and the thermostatic shower (gravity tank / cylinder-fed) were all piped in 22mm.

The plumber has run the new feeds in 15, despite all three being further away than the originals.

They should be in 22, shouldn't they?

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links
As doitall said if your going to fit a combination boiler it is correct.

If your keeping your hot tank gravity system as stated it should be 22

it would depend gents, if the tank is 3 storeys up and the plumbing in the basement I can't see it being an issue...

I know that sparks are very well paid, and Cheshire is very posh. So, Secure, do you live in a 3 or 4 storey mansion? ;)

Thank you very much guys.

There is no combi, just an old Ideal Mexico from 1982.

We have a two storey early 60's det house. The bathroom is on the first floor and the shower head is not much below the bottom of the tank (around a metre), so I have bought a Triton Tesla 0.1 bar thermostatic mixer shower.

As far as I'm aware, it is gravity fed, what with the tank in the loft and the cylinder below, but it's not a bog-standard system because we have some three way ports or valves under the floor near the cylinder: however, this won't affect the size of pipe needed for the shower, will it?

Cheers kev, long time no talk, man, how's thee keepin'?

I did mention a pump to the plumber and he said it would cause more problems than it would solve.

Mind you, on the basis of what I'm finding............. :cry:

we have some three way ports or valves under the floor near the cylinder: however, this won't affect the size of pipe needed for the shower, will it?

No, those control the flow of heated water from boiler, and tell it whether to heat the cyl, rads or both. Nothing to do with the clean stored h or c water.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back