Pipe Freezing Kits

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
More advice , than a question :D

...........................................................................................................

Pipe freezing kits are great, if you know the job in hand is going to be quick one and with no problems. (Yep right). :eek:

I needed to replace the emain stop cock in my kitchen.
Froze the pipe, and continued to remove the old one, and fit the new one.
Pipes of slightly different size and lack of access later, the frozen water melted. :evil:
Mains pressure water up to about an inch all over the kitchen floor :evil: . until i managed to screw the tap into place.
My advice:
Buy a stop key and turn off the water outside the house. :D
Leave the freezing kit on the shelf in B&Q :D

Sponsored Links
other option is to work faster,or pay some one to do it for you.was the water cold?hope you will not try to claim on your insurrance for your incompetance.

Shall i presume you're a plumber.
business a little slack cause people are doing jobs themselves, is it :?:

Can't help thinking plumbers made it harder for you to interfere with their work when fitting systems, so we have to call them out to do it for us :evil: .
And pay them :!: :evil:

I have used the pipe freezing kits when I took off a rad in the bathroom, then moved it.

There was about a month between those two events BTW!

I fitted an isolation valve to the pipes, and then could continue as normal.

Oh, and as a tip, their advice that you need one can per 8mm pipe is a little generous on their part. We just put the two 8mm pipes together and froze them as one. Job done!

Sponsored Links
bripl said:
other option is to work faster,or pay some one to do it for you.was the water cold?hope you will not try to claim on your insurrance for your incompetance.

hes got a point if you cant get the job done in the time either hire an electric freezer
or get someone that can
tip get all the gear you might need together before you start
not after you freeze the pipe :LOL:

I always have some push fit stop ends handy, at least if the plug gives way, you have something to stop the flooding:cool:

saying nowt once kicked a freeze head off a 1 1/2"" pipe and didnt notice

what fun i had screwing the cap on against the system pressure :oops:

kevplumb said:
saying nowt once kicked a freeze head off a 1 1/2"" pipe and didnt notice

what fun i had screwing the cap on against the system pressure :oops:

Wouldn't have thought it was worth freezing 11/2" waste pipe kev, but to each his own

:LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :evil: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :evil:

Wana bet.

we was at a skool doing an extention and the little darlings,

"Hot wired" the fork lift and burried it in the playing field :LOL: :LOL:

after they lifted the skool gate off that is

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back