Pipe Freezing Kits

breezer said:
just been to b & r (q) have seen bunging kit cost £17.00 and its not called bunging kit

What is it called Breezer?.....just out of interest

Sponsored Links
i dont remember, but i know it was almost £17.00 in a bag with blue on it

edited to add:

cant find it in screwfix catalogue, website it is a BUNGalow, and q & b website doesnt list it

I bet there is a bundle of cash to be made from advertising such a tool in an appropriate diy magazine!

I have an pro variety "arctic" freezing kit which works, but if you only want to freeze a few things the DIY kits would be cheaper. They are colder, by the way!

The tapered bungs are all very well but do not always work in my experience. If the tank connector has internal ribs, for holding/turning it, they will stop the conical bung going in. I have been recommended a big ball of Plumbers Mate (aka staysoft putty, etc) will do the job. I can imagine it would be good but haven't tried it. A Speedfit 22mm cap works as a bung on the vent pipe. They come off easily after use.

Don't forget that the air trapped in the vent pipe will "stretch" when water is let out down below, so a couple of pints can come out.

Also don't forget that the idea only works if there's only a single open end!

Sponsored Links
Will this method of bunging still work on my system, the system is indirect but has no vent pipe on the feed and expansion tank.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back