Pipe noise after new boiler installed

If you have changed from a vented hot water system to a unvented hot water system then there is every chance the supplies to your toilets have changed from low pressure to mains pressure. which means if the installer hasn't changed the seatings in the float valves from low to high pressure ones, then the float valve will let by and the cistern will overflow.

Lift the lid on the toilet cistern to see if the water is at a high level, running into the overflow pipe or alternativly is there water running into the pan constantly

Hi, thanks for the help. There is no water running into the pan so probably not toilet waterflow. I also tried to switch off the main water supply and flush the toilet. So there is no water in the cistern at all. However, the noise still same as before.

The boiler and cylinder are both switched off, but the pressure is 1.5 and fill of full tank of water.

The old boiler is powermax 155x.

Will the pressure in the new cylinder causing the noise in the central heating pipes?

Sponsored Links
Where is the noise coming from exactly?

The noise is coming from the bathroom which is quite far away from the cylinder and boiler. All the pipes in the bathrooms are inside the wall so I can locate exactly where it is. It sounds like water are keeping flowing into somewhere. Even after swith main water supply off and flush the toilet, the noises are still the same.

The installer can not fingure out power supply issues to the boiler so they are all switched off but pipes are connected through the cylinder.

Will there be some air in the pipe caused that?

Sponsored Links
Yes, the bill will be higher than gas. But due to the new regulation, only electricity boiler can fit in the current position.

what regulation is that then?

Techinal Bulletin 2008.

My old boiler was using twin flue and the flue tube are hidden in the ceiling to the outside wall. The boiler cuboard are in the central of the flat.

Is the noise coming from the shower or bath drain?

Downstairs nieghbour hasn't complained of water coming through the ceiling!

Is the noise coming from the shower or bath drain?

Downstairs nieghbour hasn't complained of water coming through the ceiling!

No, no one complained. It's mainly from wall on the left hand of the shower tray where i guess there are different pipes in there.

I also feel the water from the shower is much higher now as the water nearly push the shower head out. The shower head is old.

The plumber came today. He said he feel the water noise is from my neighbour up stairs. I can also feel the noise is from the celling part.

But if I don't hear they flush their toilet everyday, how could I hear their water overflow?

As the noise is always there when the boiler and cylinder are switched off.

he said the noise is definitely not caused by their installation.

Should I believe him and to question my neighbour upstatirs? when I turned my main cold water off last night, the noise is still there.

Will the unvent system cause the different pressure even when they are switched off?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back