Pipes from Fan assembly?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
What are the 2 small pipes connected to the fan assembly?
One red, one transparent.
It doesn't say in the manual.

Sponsored Links
They are part of the safety system to prove to the boiler that the fan is working.

However, only a registered engineer should be replacing or even accessing a boiler fan.

Tony

its alright i'm not going anywhere near it!! i'd blow house/street up knowing my luck!
the gas man up the road is sorting it for us, the fan packed up and i noticed all these pipes on it last night, just wondered what they was for.
i take it, its for vacuum/pressure or something?
thanks for replying.

Sponsored Links
Why delete? I dont understand. Its a forum, for help/understanding....
Just cuz i wasnt going to do any actual work doesn't mean i dont want to know.... someone else might have wanted to know too?

Welcome to the world of the RGI...bit like the KGB in the USSR :LOL:

Why delete? I dont understand. Its a forum, for help/understanding....
Just cuz i wasnt going to do any actual work doesn't mean i dont want to know.... someone else might have wanted to know too?

I said delete because I had 2 threads open and thought I was posting in the other 1...

Nothing 2 do with not wanting 2 help you or others

Everyone says "I'm not touching it, I just want to know", once one person is told all the wont-dos become give-it-a-gos

For every person who posts a question there are perhaps another 50 who read it.

Certain jobs have safety implications and its obvious to most people that its inappropriate to post detailed advice on those gas and safety related aspects on an open forum.

There was a posting a while back from this fellow who started by saying he wanted to know how to do something "so that his gas engineer could do it for him". One of the gullible people gave him the information and it soon became obvious there was no engineer and he was trying to do it himself. The plain fact is that no gas engineer should need to be told how to do his job.

Tony

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back