Pipes run in screed

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have recently purchased a property in south London with an extension on the ground floor which contains the combi,all pipe work ie gas,mains water flow/return etc are run under the screed and the mains water has been leaking under there for years creating serious damp problems.I have cut off all services and will be re-running all pipe work but was wondering if anyone knows of a channel system that i can cut into the screed to run the pipes through rather than bury them again as this always seems to result in problems and leaks at a later date.Look forward to hearing your thought.

Sponsored Links
Hi,thanks for that but i was thinking more of a galvanised metal conduit that i could cut into the screed, blow in all the joints etc then fit a cover stirp over the top-something heavy enough to tile straight over. Anyone know if such a conduit exists and who supplies it?Thanks

Sponsored Links
Theres lots of industrial units around bearing in mind your screed is only between 50mm and 70mm deep

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back