pipework

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello, after everyone was so helpful with my last post :D if you dont mind i have got a follow on question regarding running pipework.

I know its best for asthetics to box in surface run pipework, but what do you think about running central heating pipework around obstacles, i mean will going round obstacles using two 90 degree bends or using an offset effect how performance of the system. I know dips in the pipework will cause air problems, but is that an issue in this case, after all it is acceptable to drop down vertically from the ceiling void and the run the pipework horizontally, so running pipework round an obstacle is the sort of the same thing but on a smaller scale.

I know it would look bad but if the pipes are boxed in then do you think it is acceptable?

Sponsored Links
Well you have a choice ,go round them or through them,got a good drill??

Sponsored Links
Well in this instnace the home owner has a 600mm high radiator she is determined to have fitted, the problem with that is that the window is low and the original pipework so high (150mm) there isnt enough room to fit the 600mm radiator. I cant acess to under the floor and she is determined to use the radiator she has already got instead of buying a smaller (in height) one.

So what i would like to do is tee into he orignal pipework height (instead of replacing the original pipework), and the drop the new pipework low enough to fit the radiator she is determined to have. Then box all the pipework, because it will pobally like a bit ugly. But i dont want to introdue any probems with air/air lock or something of that nature in to the system.

I also am interested for similar jobs, with long surface run pipework that has awkward obstacles (that possibly cant be moved).

I would tell her she cant have the 600mm rad because it will mean dipping the pipe and it will cause air locks.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back