Piping up bath

Sponsored Links
Don't use flexis if you can avoid it, but they have their uses at times.

Sponsored Links
That would depend on the circumstances, too many variables to make it a valid question.

was thinking flexis but then I'd have a compression fitting were it connects to copper on the hot side that would be hard to get to.

Depends on how good the supply pressure and flow is. Good quality flexi's can be used, just get the ones with the largest ID possible, 15mm min.

Flexi's come into their own where rigid pipework would obstruct your tap spanners. With the Flexi it is usually easier to make a connection because the flexi section of pipe to the tap connector can be moved out of the way to get the connection before swinging it back to connect to the pipe and visa versa.

There are also circumstances when I have found the need to cross over hot and cold pipes to get a connection and flexi's make that easy.

The bottom line for me is fit rigid copper pipe if you can and use Flexi's to overcome situations where it is very difficult to do rigid.

Flexis work ok on a mixer filler as the tap is rigid but if connected to individual taps, the taps can work loose after a while.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back