PIR light switch

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Can anyone recommend one that will only work facing in one direction? In the photo below, I'm stood in a new bedroom extension, the door at the other end of the corridor on the right is a bathroom and the end door and frame and brickwork above up to the small section of plasterboard (lintel) will be removed.

IMG_20211101_125443633.jpg

Beyond where the white door currently is there's a busy landing, I need a switch (presumably mounted on that small strip of vertical plasterboard or the ceiling nearby) that will only activate when someone is in the corridor, not walking past outside. Does anyone know whether one of the switch plate types would be suitable or would it be too high up?

I have a 360° ceiling PIR switch in a similar situation downstairs (utility room), where it is very sensitive and sometimes operates when people walk past if that end door is open (with hindsight this one would have been better in the wall above the door).

IMG_20211101_125607159.jpg

I know people don't like them but I live in a house where I'm the only person who knows that a conventional light switch operates in two directions.

The external ones fixed to floodlights seem a better bet as the angle of coverage and sensitivity can be altered.

Thanks.

Sponsored Links
I use white Electric tape on PIR dome to mask areas tha I do not want it to cover - eg towards your corridor and reduce swithcing from that direction.
And on some of my Dome PIRs, I can also reduce their sensitivity - depends on which ones you by.

Thanks, think I'll try that with the existing one. I've ordered one of these for upstairs to play about with:

Screenshot_20211101-175342-274.png

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back