PIR on Timeguard flood light not working

nbr

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

I cannot seem to work out why the PIR of the Timeguard flood light I have in the house I just moved into is not working.

Timeguard advises that PIR would not work if live was connected to L1 rather than L but wiring seems ok.

See pics attached of part number, recommended wiring and actual wiring.

I have also gone through the option via wall switch of setting auto mode, manual mode and back to auto mode and I still get no PIR.

Any advice?

Attachments

• 20221221_102607.jpg
    20221221_102607.jpg
    150.8 KB · Views: 50
  • 20230109_125053.jpg
    20230109_125053.jpg
    252 KB · Views: 56
  • 20230109_125254.jpg
    20230109_125254.jpg
    218.3 KB · Views: 74
Sponsored Links
Ok…very simply… use multimeter and check if there is 230volts between the L&N connections to the unit.

But, as an electronics engineer, you could have thought that might be the best way of starting out?

Sponsored Links
Ok…very simply… use multimeter and check if there is 230volts between the L&N connections to the unit.

But, as an electronics engineer, you could have thought that might be the best way of starting out?

I thought of that but wouldn't that simply say the flood light is powered up correctly (which it is since the light is working)? The problem is that the PIR does not work.

I thought a specific wiring would override the PIR operation but that seems to be just if the live is connected to L1 instead of L, which is not the case given how the wiring is.

Unless the PIR is simply broken...

Ah didn’t understand that.
If light works with live on L1, but PIR doesn’t work if live is on L then it’s a fair bet that the PIR is knackered.
They aren’t the longest living things.

Time for a new PIR light, in that case.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back