PIR Floodlight problem

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
We had new floodlights fitted a few months ago and 1 on front of the garage was wired seperate to the garage fusebox.
The lights have been working great until this week when the garage light switched on as usual in the morning when i walked upto it.
The light came on and i got the car out and drove off to work - upon returning (still daylight) the light was still on?
I've adjusted the sensitivity to max and to min and nothing seems to work - when the sensor detects movement the light comes on but wont turn off?
Would this mean the sensor is faulty and can this part be bought seperate or should i just replace the full unit?

The unit is a Timeguard 150w halogen PIR

Thanks

Sponsored Links
Have you turned the dusk till dawn setting all the way to moon setting (anti-clockwise)?
It could be a case that the PIR has failed.
You can replace them but for the hassle. I would replace the whole unit.
For a better one!

Have you turned the dusk till dawn setting all the way to moon setting (anti-clockwise)?
It could be a case that the PIR has failed.
You can replace them but for the hassle. I would replace the whole unit.
For a better one!

Yep - tries that but no difference :(
Only manual over-ride (seperate switch) will turn it off

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back