floodlight with pir

reading a newspaper, now that is strange, old news after all ;)

Sponsored Links
bernardgreen said:
I have read a newspaper on the grass at midnight with out any artifical light and the moon was not in the sky......

Is you mother a cat? ;)

Sponsored Links
bernardgreen said:
tim west said:
reading a newspaper, now that is strange, old news after all ;)

Outside a log cabin ( with suana ) north of the Artic Circle. on holiday.
did your newspaper go all soggy in the sauna? :LOL:

goofy gorilla said:
hi guys

ive got an existing non working floodlight on the side of my kitchen where i am planning on installing a new security 500w floodlight (non PIR)...i also have a switch in side the kitchen for it..to switch it on and off...i have now decided i want to install a floodlight with PIR....so i dont really need the switch inside to keep the light on permenantly when im in the garden or do i ?..ta

Is this the crazy thread? Can't believe I missed out on all this fun yesterday! To the poor OP, several things:

I can't quite work out what you are aiming to do but:

500W? totally necessary? How big is your garden?
With or without PIR? Switch required either way.

a single 500w floodlight doesn't do much. It is far better, IMO, to have several 150w lamps, say, along one side of the garden. It gives a much better spread of light. :)

I am on the lookout for (if any of you happen to see one going begging) a SOX bulkhead of some description. Yes I know they are horrible and orange, but I don't care. I hate PIRs, live in the middle of nowhere, and would like it on all night on a p/cell so it has to be as efficient as possible.

250w SON-T is quite large! Considering the efficacy of sodium lighting in general! Do you also have a footbal pitch to light?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back