PIR piggy back

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I only have 6 zones on my alarm unit (Optima XM6) and 7 rooms.

Can I spur an extra PIR (Apollo C) from one of the existing PIR's or will this overload the zone that I spur from?

I realize that if I can do it, two rooms will be covered by one zone.

Sponsored Links
Although not recommended , Yes it can be done. Remember the 12v supply is in parallel and the alarm connections in series. (or both pirs will have to be in alarm to activate)

Although not recommended , Yes it can be done. Remember the 12v supply is in parallel and the alarm connections in series. (or both pirs will have to be in alarm to activate)

How do I wire from one PIR to a new PIR so that each PIR works separately?

Conections are :- (power 2 terminals) (12v) - & +. (Alarm 3 terminals) NC C NO. Tamper NC (2 terminals No. 6 & 7)

Sorry I don't know how to post a picture here.

control unit ..............1st pir...................2nd pir

+ve----------------------(+)----------------------(+)
-ve-----------------------(-)-----------------------(-)

-------------------------(c) (no)-----------------(c)
zone
----------------------------------------------------(no)

-------------------------(6) (7)------------------(6)
tamper
-----------------------------------------------------(7)

Thats better ;)

Sponsored Links
Lets start again.

This is how I have my PIR wired.

[GALLERY=media, 21655][/GALLERY]

I want to wire a second PIR from this one so that they both work independantly from each other.

Something like this - colours mean very little. Use what ever colours are already used.

Thanks a lot.
That is very good and easy for a plonker like me to understand.

I assume that the black wire (ZONE) has been removed from the first PIR C & extended to the second PIR C
Then The red wire (TAMP)removed from first PIR 7 & extended to the second PIR 7.

I assume that the black wire (ZONE) has been removed from the first PIR C & extended to the second PIR C
Then The red wire (TAMP)removed from first PIR 7 & extended to the second PIR 7.

Yes correct twist wires together and use a small terminal block to prevent the wires shorting against the pcb.

Ideally, twist, solder and insulate.

As I said, colours in the pic mean very little - substitute my colours for yours.

Double twisting works well. Twist it, fold it and twist it again. Been doing that for the past 25 years and never yet had a problem.

Something like this - colours mean very little. Use what ever colours are already used.

My existing PIR's are Apollo C's (Now extinct) My new PIR is a Bosch Blue Line BLP1.
The terminal labeling is different, How do I Spur from my Apollo C to a Bosch BLP1?

Can someone please label the Bosch from 1 to 6 to coenside with the numbering on the Apollo. i.e. -=1, +=2 etc?

GALLERY]
View media item 21813

Double twisting works well. Twist it, fold it and twist it again. Been doing that for the past 25 years and never yet had a problem.

Are you being serious?

I remember years ago being called out to a system in the early hours that would not set. (Britannia Security!!)

It had 20 vipers on a single zone(!) and the installation guy had used the twist technique to loop in and out of the vipers.

Thanks for that - took me bloody ages to find the one twisted connection that was causing the problem.

I ended up going back the following day (working hours) to go round and solder all of the twisted connections, as I really didn't want another fun and games gig at 3am.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back