PIR question

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi there.

I am thinking of mounting a PIR in an upstairs hallway, it will have a "view" of a frosted bathroom window, and a bedroom window which has net curtains. Both windows get strong sun in the summer but the PIR itself will never be in direct sunlight.

I'd be grateful for any advice as to whether this is likely to cause problems.

Also, I'm aware that PIRs shouldn't be pointed at radiators - but what about floor tiles that have underfloor heating?

In case it makes a difference, the PIR I'm using is a Yale HSA6020.

Many thanks in advance.

Sponsored Links
Dunno about Yale stuff, but the only problems i've ever had with sunlight is when it's been reflected off a metal surface like a sink.

The location you suggest is unlikely to present any problem to your yale sensor. The only moot point is the net curtains you mention. If you leave a window open they could move in a breeze and perhaps cause a false alarm.
The other aspects you mention ie the strong sunlight. If you are using a yale sensor then you are not restricted by wiring and could therefore place it anywhere within your landing area. it might be better if it was facing from the opposite side of the landing. Having said that you have said the sensor itself will not be in direct light so you should be fine.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back