PIR security light

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi there
Having alittle trouble with my security light, it stays on then when its timed out goes off and then straight on again I have cleared the pir of any cobwebs ect but it still does it any ideas anyone?

Sponsored Links
have the neighbours had a new boiler put in with the flue in sight of the PIR? or is the PIR new and you put it in sight of the neighbours existing flue? ( might have been off over summer, on now as it's chilly at night sometimes.. )

failing that, there's something wrong with it.. look in the book to see if there's a trouble shooting guide, or buy a new one..

Hi
No there is nothing in the line of the pir to set it off, but it has been off all summer.
I seem to remember somebody saying that there are certain modes the light can go in like holiday mode always on mode can`t remember at the moment anyone?

Sponsored Links
is the PIR very close to lamp ie all in one unit?
what can happen is as the PIR triggers on changing heat source, once turned on by moving body of heat (you) when it turns off the rapid cooling of the lamp is seen as changing heat pattern so retriggers.
has lamp some how got closer to PIR? ie been adjusted, have had this before, or lost some shielding between lamp/PIR

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back